In addition to their amazing musical skills, I recently discovered that the Shane & Shane guys are also full of all kinds of great information that I never would have known had I not been following them on Twitter. If you’re a Shane & Shane Twitter or Facebook follower then you may have seen some of these already. But for those of you who aren’t, I wanted to make sure you were informed about these important facts that the band has so generously shared with us.
Here are 10 Fun Facts From Shane & Shane for your enjoyment:
(as told through their Twitter and Facebook posts)
1) Fact: Humans have the same # of neck bones as giraffes. They’re just different sizes. #crazy
2) Fact: Chewing celery burns more calories than are actually IN celery. Fact: We should eat more celery.
3) Fact: There are 592,439 words in the King James Version of the Old Testament. We counted them just now. #biblefacts
4) Fact: The official Texas state grass is called “Sideoats Grama.” Coincidentally, this was Shane’s nickname in high school.
5) Fact: Most American car horns beep in the tone of F. Heading out to a busy intersection with our guitars to test this.
6) Fact: It is possible for the human nose to identify and remember 50,000 different smells (30,000 of which exist on tour buses)
7) Fact: There are 72 fret positions on a standard acoustic guitar, but only 37 unique notes. #guitarnerd
8) Fact: Coca-Cola is sold in every country in the world except North Korea. #gladwedontliveinNorthKorea
9) Fact: During WWI, instead of using the German word “sauerkraut,” people called it “liberty cabbage.” #awesomebandname
10) Fact: The first Fender guitar was made in 1943. Fact: Leo Fender was a saxophonist.
*Bonus Fact: We are so thankful for you guys. Grateful that you allow us to continue making music and worshiping God alongside you. –Shane & Shane
P.S. Laura’s Fun Fact:
Shane & Shane’s album “The One You Need” is pretty much awesome.
Go take a listen HERE and get your copy if you haven’t heard it yet!