It is now four days until Chritsmas, and it is about time for most of us to have our Christmas parties at work and at home. Here are some ideas for some appetizers to bring to your holiday party this year. Just for fun we’d love to give away one more Christmas album before this wonderful time of year comes to a close. Post a comment about the worst/best White Elephant gift you’ve ever received at a party for a chance to get a Christmas CD of your choice! (Options include: Phil Wickham, Sara Groves, MercyMe, Christmas Joy or Mark Harris) We hope that you have a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year.
Mini Sausage Wreath
Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls
Red Bell Pepper
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the package of refrigerated crescent dough rolls. Drain the liquid off of the mini sausages.
2. Unroll the crescent dough and separate at the perforations to create 4 rectangles. Press together the remaining perforation in each rectangle. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips.
3. Wrap one strip of dough around each mini sausage. Lay out the crescent-wrapped sausages with their sides touching on an ungreased cookie sheet in a circle forming a wreath shape.
4. Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Melt 1/3 cup of butter and brush the butter on top of the crescent-wrapped sausages. Sprinkle the rosemary on top of the butter.
5. Cut a red bell pepper into a bow shape for garnish. Combine the BBQ sauce and cranberry sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until heated through. Serve with wreath for dipping.
Round Butter Crackers
1. Cut the pepperoni slices into triangles. Place the ricotta into a Ziploc® plastic bag, making sure the bag is securely closed. Cut a small hole in one corner of the plastic bag. Attach the pepperoni to the cracker with a dab of the ricotta.
2. Pipe the ricotta along the bottom of the pepperoni “hat” and to form the beard. Use the ricotta to adhere the capers to the cracker for eyes.
3. Slice the celery and adhere to the cracker for the moustache and a dab of ricotta for the nose. Store covered in the refrigerator.