This week, Becca has shared a great craft that you can do at home with your favorite scripture verse! She created this beautiful piece of art, and now you can do the same! Thanks, Becca!
What you will need:
- paints(preferably acrylics)
- large paint brush
- sharpie fine point paint markers – silver and brown
- tacky glue (or another strong glue)
- scrapbooking paper
- floral embellishments – sold at most any craft store
- Paint the entire canvas a solid background color. You can also mix and blend colors for more texture.
- Let dry.
- Draw the silhouette of a tree branch with the brown paint sharpie. Try to keep it mostly in the bottom half of the canvas to leave room for the writing.
TIP: It may help you to sketch the branch in pencil before using the sharpie.
- Fill in the outline of the branch with either the brown sharpie or with brown paint.
- Cut the silhouette of a bird out of a piece of scrapbooking paper. This can be any color of your choosing.
- Cover the entire back of the bird cutout with strong glue, and stick the bird to the tree branch.
- Write the verse at the top of the canvas in silver sharpie paint (or the color of your choice) as well as putting the reference (Psalm 13:6) at the bottom if you so choose.
- Finally, glue your floral embellishments onto the tree branches! You can use as much or as little as you like!
- Let dry, and display your masterpiece for everyone to see!