Hey everyone! We have started a FreeCCM Pinterest account, and we have found some great craft ideas that we wanted to try out ourselves! This week, we created this fun piece of inspirational wall art that is great for Valentine’s Day!
Things You’ll Need:
A canvas (we used a basic 8×10 canvas that we got at a craft supply store)
A paint color of your choice (we chose a neutral/tan color)
Thin cardboard for letter cut outs
1. Clip brightly colored patterns and pictures from magazines!
(Tip: The brighter the colors, the better! It is also fun to find colors that match well together!)
2. Arrange the magazine clippings on your canvas the way you would like them to look! Be sure you include clippings that contrast strongly with your paint color in the area where you plan to put the words!
3. Paint a layer of mod podge underneath and on top of the magazine clippings to be sure that they stick to the canvas.
Tip: It’s okay if it turns out a little bumpy! It adds some dimension to the finished product!
4. Let the mod podge dry! While you do that, you can begin cutting out letters out of cardboard to spell out whatever word you want! Try something that will inspire you: Faith, Hope, Love, or maybe your favorite scripture reference!
Tip: I have found that the easiest way to cut out letters is to make identical square blocks, and then cut the letters out from the squares (or rectangles). This helps to make the letters close to the same size!
5. Arrange the letters on top of the magazine clippings and paint around them! When you peel the letters off, you will have a great piece of art!
Do you use pinterest? If so, follow us at Pinterest.com/FreeCCM! Also, let us know and we will follow you!
Today, we are giving away a copy of Darlene Zschech’s album, “You Are Love.” Leave us a comment with a quote or word that inspires you, and you will be entered to win a copy!
Check out our FreeCCM update of the week!
Winners have been chosen! Thanks for entering!