Phil Wickham had some free time at the airport a few days back, while on his way to Nashville to work on the new album, so he opened the Twitter floor for questions from fans. Check out what he had to say below, and check back soon for more from Phil!
(1) Any new album releases this year?
Should be a new one out by early fall!!
(2) How do u like the way it sounds so far?
So pumped about it!
(3) Words or music? Or a mixture?
Overall Idea/theme then music then lyrics… Usually
(4) What’s your favorite part of touring?
Singing to Jesus with people
(5) What’s your favorite breakfast restaurant?
Honey’s- Encinitas, CA
(6) What was the name of the song u played at YC 2010 “Lord of all the earth..”
It’s called “At Your Name” it will be on my new CD
(7) What is your favorite/most used guitar pedal?
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
(8) What’s your favorite food at Disneyland?
Corndogs from the little red corndog cart. So good.
(9) How funny is @BartMillard?
(10) What’s your favorite planet?
(11) Any chance Sun and The Moon will be on the new record?
Real good chance…
(12) Is your new album more electronic like heaven and earth or more acoustic like your self-titled album? Neither 🙂
(13) What music do YOU jam out to?
Lately Brandon Flowers and Temper Trap
(14) How did you find playing Soul Survivor last year?
(15) Any plans or conversations about playing in the Toronto area?
I think I’m going their in April!
(16) Favorite brand of shoes?
Loving my Bronx boots right now
(17) When did u first find God?
Early on from my parents. Great god-following people!
(18) How long have you been married?
Just over two years
(19) Favorite thing about the recording process?
Few things match the fun of hearing a song go from lyrics in my song journal to a fully dressed piece of studio work.
(20) Any new songs you can tell us about?
Currently working on a song called “This Love Will Last Forever” for the new CD…